Bigger and nicer display (OLED), with a smaller form factor
- 5.8‑inch (diagonal) all‑screen OLED Multi‑Touch display. HDR display.
iPhone XS - Technical Specifications - Apple
- 2436‑by-1125‑pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
Powerful processor, meaning faster apps
Camera - dual-camera system, Adjustable depth of field, bokeh effect, Portrait mode and more
FaceID, Unlocking your phone with your face.
Wireless charging but is slower than traditional wire charging.
- Fast charge your iPhone
Runs on Apple iOS operating system and integration with iCloud and other Apple services.
Good support for wireless headsets/headphones - AirPods.
Apple ecosystem - Out of the box support with other Apple products. example Apple Watch, MacOS etc.
- Apple Accessories for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Mac - Apple
Apple claims that the devices are easy to be recycled and are Environment-friendly.
- Apple's disassembly robot recycles parts of the phone.
Environment - Apple
Higher resale value compared to other flagships.
- Just like previous models, iPhone Xs resale value is higher.
Official repair is relatively expensive. Cost +$549 (in US) to repair any repair other than screen.
Expensive - Costly in comparision to other flagships.
No touch-ID or a fast alternative for unlocking the phone.
- No fingerprint sensor
Comes with expensive accessory eco-system.
- Official accessories like back cover, charger, AirPods etc. are higher priced.
iPhone Accessories - Apple Store
Does not use standard USB type C port
- Apple uses proprietary lightning cable, which means you can only borrow a charger or charging cable from someone who owns the same.
Wikipedia - Lightning connector